The Population Health Surveys unit has a strong focus on research in public health and epidemiology. The unit hosts the Danish regional health survey called “How Are You?”. The purpose of the survey is to describe status and trends in health and morbidity in the population in Central Denmark Region.
Our main research topics are:
- Health behaviour
- Chronic diseases and multimorbidity
- Social inequality in health
- Mental health
- Variations in spending within health services
“How Are You?” has been conducted in 2006, 2010 and 2013 and is repeated every fourth year. For each survey, approximately 54,000 individuals above the age of 16 and residents in Central Denmark Region are invited to fill in a questionnaire. Since 2010, all five Danish regions have conducted similar surveys making it possible to compare data on populations across Denmark. Municipalities and the regions use the data from the health surveys to formulate health policies and to plan specific health initiatives.
Our target groups are:
- Municipal, regional and national decision-makers.
- Health consultants and project managers within the field of health promotion and disease prevention.
- Other researchers