The Vocational Rehabilitation unit has a strong focus on delivering evidence based solutions for working-age individuals with health-related issues to be included in the labour force, return to and remain in work.
Our main activities consist of:
- Observational studies addressing individual and contextual factors that increase the risk for health related work impairment constituting a barrier for returning to work.
- Studies addressing individual and contextual factors that promote return to work.
- Intervention studies focusing on activities that aid work impaired individuals to return to and stay in work.
- Systematic literature reviews.
The unit hosts the FOCA cohort, a nationwide youth cohort designed to facilitate future work-life course epidemiology studies. Unit employees are engaged in pre- and post-graduate teaching at Aarhus University, primarily within the field of public health. The unit is engaged in continuous development of methods focusing on:
- Questionnaire based tools of relevance for return to work
- Development of statistical methods for assessing work life participation using data from multiple administrative registries.