The Public Health & Rehabilitation Research unit is focused on how citizens with disabilities can regain functioning and participate actively in the community.
Our main activities consist of:
- Research in rehabilitation across and/or within hospital or municipal settings.
- Communication of knowledge in scientific articles and textbooks.
- Participation in advisory boards at national and international level.
- Teaching at Aarhus University and other educational institutions.
- Course management for rehabilitation practitioners and decision-makers.
We work in close cooperation with national, regional and municipal authorities and professionals, patient organisations, and with people of all ages undergoing rehabilitation as well as their relatives. We are affiliated with Department of Public Health at Aarhus University.
Key topics in our work are continuity, involvement, identification of needs, goal setting, and interdisciplinarity, which is why we focus on:
- Transitional rehabilitation across and/or within hospital and municipal settings.
- Assessment and goal setting in rehabilitation.
- Organisational development in rehabilitation.